1920s Shoe Advertisements: Women’s shoes, children’s shoes, and mens shoes.
Here are 7 scans of shoe advertisements from the 1924 St. Louis Fashion Pageant. They include:
- a photo ad for Wohl Shoe Company at 1222-24 Washington Ave (with photos of 1920s cars in it, too!)
- Humpty Dumpty Shoes by Samuel Shoe Company (with a lovely faery tale illustration)
- Ault-Williamson Shoe Company
- Tober-Saifer Shoe Co (“novelty footwear in stock”)
- Barnet Leather Co – a business-to-business advertisement, marketing shoe leather to St. Louis shoe manufacturers
- Tweedie Footwear Corporation – with a lovely Art Nouveau illustration of a flapper smoking a cigarette, surrounded by shoes.
- The Ohio Leather Company – a B2B ad for kid leather, a perfect shoe making base for local St. Louis shoe manufacturers
- Travaso Shoe Co
- Milius Shoe Company
- F.I. Doerr Shoe Company