Jessica Kay Murray | Nov 14, 2017 | 0
1924 Dresses, Millinery, Coat, and Textile Ads
Here are 5 more pages of advertisements for St. Louis businesses from the 1924 St. Louis Fashion Pageant. It’s getting near the back of the fashion show programme, and the ads are smaller and more modest- not the elaborate full page ads at the beginning of the magazine. These pages contain ads for hats, dresses, furs, coats, and textiles (as the 1924 Fashion Pageant was primarily a business-to-business publication).
Advertisements are for:
- Hirschfield Brothers “Darling Dresses” (at 823 Washington Ave.)
- Newburger Novelty Dresses (at 808 Washington Ave)
- Davison-Frank Fur Co., advertising (at 1121-1123 Washington Ave, advertising Sable, Stone Marten, Leopart, Fox, Squirrel, Mink, Hudson Seal, and Muskrat).
- Naussbaum Silk Co.,
- Morisse Lace & Embroidery Company (at 1627-29-31 Washington Ave., advertising trimming styles including braids, ornamental tassels, leather trimmings, and beaded and metallic novelties)
- Beldings – Fabrics, Embroideries, and Spool Silks
- Frankel Brothers Millinery Company
- King-Brinsmade Mercantile Co. (featuring King Bee Trimmed Hats)
- Goldman & Rosen Garment Company
- Zieser & Kling Coats and Suits
- LaVogue Quality Dresses