History of Photographers in St. Louis
I’m uncovering the history of photographers in St. Louis… the details on the backs of the cabinet photos intrigue me, almost more than the subjects themselves.
So far, I’ve scanned photos by:
- Henry Holburn (When Art Gallery on Franklin Ave)
- J. Haas at 7115 S. Broadway
- Hammer at 1534 S. Broadway
- Boehl & Koenig at 707 4th St.
- Smith at 1115 Franklin Ave
- FW Voorhees at 323 Olive St.
- Parsons Studio at 1407 Market Street
- A. Rino at 1047 N. Grand Ave
- Schweig & Cohl at 1715 S. Franklin Ave
- Scholten at 1314 Olive St
- Genelli at 923 Olive St
- New York Portrait Co. at 1426 & 1428 Franklin Ave
- Star Gallery at 208 S. 4th Street (run by William Schiller, whose family still runs Schiller’s Camera on Manchester Rd.)