This is SUCH an awesome retro swimsuit! It’s totally Mod and MadMen and bright shiny blue velour, totally like new. It has a metal O ring zipper with large teeth from the waist to the top of the turtle neck collar.
Needless to say, We had a TON of of fun shooting it!
I will take $30 off the total price, if ordered with the bright fuchsia coverup that is also in these pictures http://www.etsy.com/listing/99040180/1960s-bright-fuchsia-pink-mod-catalina
The cups are molded and pointy. There is fuzz and lint on the inside, but outwardly there are no signs of wear or tear. This vintage swimsuit is in near mint, barely worn, condition.
It is VERY petite, measuring flat:
- 20 inch waist
- 22 inch underbust
- 24 inches at widest point of bust (approximate – the model was an “A” cup, and the cups were big on her, this is probably a modern “B” cup)
- 27 inches from lowest point of crotch in back to top of turtle neck
- 26 inches at widest point of hips
- 12 inches – circumference of neck, with front zipped
- Arm holes are approximately 18 inches in circumference
This knit velour material is stretchy and would probably accomodate a slightly larger body.
The label inside the back collar reads “Montgomery Ward” with the reverse saying “Hand wash alone. Do not rub or twist. Dry Flat”