1920s Shoe Advertisements: Women’s shoes, children’s shoes, and mens shoes.
Here are 7 scans of shoe advertisements from the 1924 St. Louis Fashion Pageant. Most of these shoe brands were manufactured, headquartered, or had major offices in St. Louis.
- a photo ad for Wohl Shoe Company at 1222-24 Washington Ave (with photos of 1920s cars in it, too!)
- Humpty Dumpty Shoes by Samuel Shoe Company (with a lovely faery tale illustration)
- Ault-Williamson Shoe Company
- Tober-Saifer Shoe Co (“novelty footwear in stock”)
- Barnet Leather Co (based in New York but with offices in the Advertising Building downtown, which I think is at 1133 Pine Street and better known as The Publicity Building) – a business-to-business advertisement, marketing leathers to St. Louis shoe manufacturers.
- Tweedie Footwear Corporation – with a lovely Art Nouveau illustration of a flapper smoking a cigarette, surrounded by shoes.
- The Ohio Leather Company – a B2B ad for kid leather, a perfect shoe making base for local St. Louis shoe manufacturers
- Travaso Shoe Co
- Milius Shoe Company
- F.I. Doerr Shoe Company